UC Davis School of Law, King Hall
JD Candidate 2014
• GPA: 3.359; top 35% of class.
• Witkin Award (top grade in class), Business Associations, 2012.
• Intellectual Property classes: Patents, Patent Prosecution, Copyright.
• Recipient of the Bruce Wolk Scholarship for application of science and mathematics to law.
• Board Member, King Hall Intellectual Property Law Association.
• Member of the Silicon Valley, San Francisco and San Diego Intellectual Property Law Associations.
• Member of the elite Integrated Science Program.
• All honors studies in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology.
• Minor studies in economics (unofficial).
• Russian language studies.
Graduate Studies, Chinese Language
• Graduate studies in Mandarin Chinese.
• Development of written and spoken skills.
• Classroom development in Bloomington, Indiana.
• In situ studies in Taichung and Taipei, Taiwan.
• Patent Prosecution, under certification by the US Patent and Trademark Office #68365.
• Member, National Association of Patent Practioners.
Park, Vaughan, Fleming & Dowler LLP
• Patent Prosecution, including new patent applications and office action responses.
• Firm clients include Apple, Google, LinkedIn, Intuit and other Silicon Valley notables.
Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc.
• Cutting edge biotechnology firm, specializing in biopesticides.
• Duties include writing preliminary patent applications for review by outside counsel.
• Assist development of company's current list of pending applications.
• Evaluation of competing patents.
UC Davis, Technology Transfer Office
• Innovation Access Department under the Office of Research.
• Evaluation of inventions for patentability, identification of licensing opportunities.
• Examination of material transfer agreements (MTA's) and confidential disclosure agreements.
• International investigation of potential licensees.
• Scientific fields include optical computing, biomedical devices and chemical analysis devices.
Solon Enterprises, Inc./Apogee Communications, Inc.
Language Localization for Videogame Industry
CEO/Founder. More than 400 contract employees in over 50 countries. Projects developed in up to 45 languages, requiring translation, proofing, verification and engineering. Titles include megaprojects such as Star Wars, Call of Duty, Civilization, Railroad Tycoon and others.
• Work product includes legal documents, dialogue and marketing material.
• Elected by peers to IGDA Localization SIG Steering Committee, January 2011 to March. 2013.
Mars Publishing, Inc.
Contract and General Publisher, Los Angeles
CEO/Founder. Published, distributed and sold over 56 titles to the general public, including The Parent's Guide to Raising Bilingual Children. Premiere contract house for videogame industry turnkey development of user manuals and strategy guides. Clients include Electronic Arts, Disney, Take 2 Interactive, THQ and others.
• Headquartered on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles.
• Total of six fulltime employees and a headcount of over 50 contractors.
Vladivostok Computers, Ltd.
High Tech Distribution, Vladivostok, Russia
CEO/Founder. Largest computer technology distribution house in Russia outside of Moscow. Contracts with Apple Computer, Microsoft, Acer, American Power Conversion and other technology leaders. Hired a total of eight employees, developed a sales territory throughout Eastern Russia to Novosibirsk. Full profit and loss responsibilities.
• Exclusive representative of Apple Computer in Eastern Russia, contract with RUI Apple Computer.
RUI Apple Computer
Official Apple Representative in Former USSR
Head of Sales and Channel Development. Complete responsibility for the development of most of the former Soviet Union for Apple Computer. Developed chain of retailers and specialists throughout the region from scratch. By 1995, this chain was producing more than $28 million annually in total sales. Fractional profit and loss responsibilities.
• Extensive travel throughout Russia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Georgia.
• Interface with Apple officers in Cupertino, Holland, UK, Italy and Singapore.
Kaplan Graduate Faculty Member
Teaching mathematics, logic, reasoning and strategies for the GMAT and GRE test cycles. Lectures on the campuses of UC Davis, UC San Diego and CSU San Bernardino.
Public Speaking and Presentation
Suzhou, China: “The Market for Games Localization in China and the Rest of the World”, Localization Industry Standards Association Focus. June 29, 2010. Top rated speech at the conference. Presented in Chinese and English.
San Francisco, California: “Global Game Localization Business”, Game Designers’ Conference, San Francisco, California. March 9, 2010. Comparisons and change between US, Japanese and European publishers.
• Extensive travel to more than fifty countries
• Previous residence in Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic, Hungary and the Republic of China
• Russian language: Northwestern University (2 years) and in situ Moscow and Vladivostok (3 years)
• Chinese language: Indiana University (2 quarters) and in situ Taichung and Taipei (3 years)
• Swedish language: Stockholm University and in situ Stockholm (1 year)
• Hungarian language: In situ Budapest (8 months)
• GRE 800 Quantitative, 740 Verbal; GMAT 750
• LINUX Systems administrator
• President, High School Speech and Debate