UC Davis School of Law, King Hall
JD Candidate 2014
• GPA: 3.379; top 30% of class.
• Witkin Award (top grade in class), Business Associations, 2012.
• Business classes: Commerical and Bankruptcy Law, Federal Taxes, Int'l Business Transactions.
• Intellectual Property classes: Patents, Patent Prosecution, Copyright.
• Recipient of the Bruce Wolk Scholarship for application of science and mathematics to law.
• Elected to Career Chair in the King Hall Intellectual Property Law Association.
• Member of the Silicon Valley, San Francisco and San Diego Intellectual Property Law Associations.
BA Physics 1985
• Member of the elite Integrated Science Program.
• All honors studies in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology.
• Minor studies in economics (unofficial).
• Russian language studies.
Graduate Studies, Chinese Language 1990
• Graduate studies in Mandarin Chinese.
• Development of written and spoken skills.
• Classroom development in Bloomington, Indiana.
• In situ studies in Taichung and Taipei, Taiwan.
Park, Vaughan, Fleming & Dowler LLP
Contractor, February 2013 to Present
• Patent Prosecution
Registered Patent Agent
UP PTO #68365
• Passed the Patent Bar and registered to prosecute patents before the Patent and Trademark Office
• Effective date June 1, 2011
Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc.
Patent Intern, July 2012 to February 2013
• Cutting edge biotechnology firm, specializing in biopesticides
• Duties include writing preliminary patent applications for review by outside counsel
• Assist development of company's current list of pending applications
• Evaluation of competing patents
UC Davis, Technology Transfer Office
Extern, Summer 2012
• Innovation Access Department under the Office of Research
• Evaluation of inventions for patentability, identification of licensing opportunities
• Examination of material transfer agreements (MTA's) and confidential disclosure agreements
• International investigation of potential licensees
• Scientific fields include optical computing, biomedical devices and chemical analysis devices
Solon Enterprises, Inc./Apogee Communications, Inc.
Language Localization for Videogame Industry 2003-Present
CEO/Founder. More than 400 contract employees in over 50 countries. Projects developed in up to 45 languages, requiring translation, proofing, verification and engineering. Titles include megaprojects such as Star Wars, Call of Duty, Civilization, Railroad Tycoon and others.
• Legal translation delivery: End User Agreements and Copyright Statements
• Elected by peers to IDGA Localization SIG Steering Committee, Jan. 2011 to Dec. 2012.
Mars Publishing, Inc.
Contract and General Publisher, Los Angeles, 1997 to 2003
CEO/Founder. Published, distributed and sold over 56 titles to the general public, including The Parent's Guide to Raising Bilingual Children. Premiere contract house for videogame industry turnkey development of user manuals and strategy guides. Clients include Electronic Arts, Disney, Take 2 Interactive, THQ and others.
• Headquartered on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles
• Total of six fulltime employees and a headcount of over 50 contractors
Vladivostok Computers, Ltd.
High Tech Distribution, Vladivostok, Russia 1993 to 1995
CEO/Founder. Largest computer technology distribution house in Russia outside of Moscow. Contracts with Apple Computer, Microsoft, Acer, American Power Conversion and other technology leaders. Hired a total of eight employees, developed a sales territory throughout Eastern Russia to Novosibirsk. Full profit and loss responsibilities.
• Exclusive representative of Apple Computer in Eastern Russia, contract with RUI Apple Computer
RUI Apple Computer
Official Apple Representative in Former USSR, 1992 to 1993
Head of Sales and Channel Development. Complete responsibility for the development of most of the former Soviet Union for Apple Computer. Developed chain of retailers and specialists throughout the region from scratch. By 1995, this chain was producing more than $28 million annually in total sales. Fractional profit and loss responsibilities.
• Extensive travel throughout Russia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Georgia
• Interface with Apple officers in Cupertino, Holland, UK, Italy and Singapore
Kaplan Graduate Faculty Member
2010 to 2012
Teaching mathematics, logic, reasoning and strategies for the GMAT and GRE test cycles. Lectures on the campuses of UC Davis, UC San Diego and CSU San Bernardino.
Public Speaking and Presentation
Suzhou, China: “The Market for Games Localization in China and the Rest of the World”, Localization Industry Standards Association Focus. June 29, 2010. Top rated speech at the conference. Presented in Chinese and English.
San Francisco, California: “Global Game Localization Business”, Game Designers’ Conference, San Francisco, California. March 9, 2010. Comparisons and change between US, Japanese and European publishers.
• Extensive travel to more than fifty countries
• Previous residence in Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic, Hungary and the Republic of China
• Russian language: Northwestern University (2 years) and in situ Moscow and Vladivostok (3 years)
• Chinese language: Indiana University (2 quarters) and in situ Taichung and Taipei (3 years)
• Swedish language: Stockholm University and in situ Stockholm (1 year)
• Hungarian language: In situ Budapest (8 months)
• GRE 800 Quantitative, 740 Verbal; GMAT 750
• LINUX Systems administrator
• President, High School Speech and Debate